FX 1001 Triticale

  • Scientific name: X tritosecale
  • Beardless, high yielding fall triticale
  • Very desirable for the feeding industry
  • Excellent forage yield potential
  • Fall triticale produces high tonnage on dryland acres
  • No beads = no respiratory or sinus issues

FX 1001 is not available for purchase through our website. Please call 435-283-1411 to order.

Quantity is per pound. Example: 1 = 1 lb, 2 = 2 lbs, 3 = 3lbs, etc. This is pure seed, not a live plant.


FX 1001 Triticale “Nearly Beardless” Winter Forage Variety

FX Fall Triticale 1001 (X tritosecale) is a “nearly beardless” or “nearly awnletted” high yielding fall triticale. In development and test plots, 9,700 plants (97%) out of 10,000 were completely beardless. The remaining heads (3%) expressed a short spikelets of dwarf beard. The dramatically reduced awn expression makes this variety very desirable for forage. It has excellent forage yield potential, and winter triticale produces very high tonnage on dryland acres.  This variety is a game changer for forage production across the US.


FX 1001 (X tritosecale), a nearly awnless (9,700 plants out of 10,000 are completely awnless) winter triticale bred for forage production. This variety is taller and matures earlier than other winter cereal forage standards. In addition, FX 1001 is typically three centimeters taller and three days earlier to head than other triticale, and twenty centimeters taller and heads an average of ten days earlier than Willow Creek winter wheat. Moreover, the variety was screened for winter hardiness and consistently produces forage and seed yields comparable to or exceeding Trical® 102 in dryland and irrigated trials in Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming.

golden/green triticale pasture field, FX 1001 fall triticale. Scientific name: X tritosecale

Benefits of fall FX 1001 triticale:

  • Nearly Awnless: 97% of plants are completely awnless
  • Reduce incidences of lump-jaw, sore eyes, and other similar concerns in livestock feeding situations
  • High Yielding: Consistently high forage yields in a variety of irrigated and dryland trials
  • Cold Hardy: Bred to perform in the harsh northern climates of Montana, North Dakota, Wyoming and the intermountain west.


  • Plant 1/2″ -1 1/2″ depth.
  • Plant into well prepared seed bed for best germination success.

long green grass growing on pasture field FX 1001 Fall Triticale. Scientific name: X tritosecale
Quick Plant Facts
Scientific Name:

Elevation of Occurance:


Native or Introduced:

Plant Height

Plant Type:

Minimum Precipitation:

Root Form:

Growth Season:

Seeds per lb.

Max Sowing Depth:

Planting Rate:

Best Time to Sow:

Sun & Shade Tolerance:

Full Sun